Our 1975 Cal 34 Mark II is for Sale
If you are looking for a cruising boat that is perfect for island hopping in the Salish Sea, or for weekends at a quiet South Sound location, you’ve come to the right place. It’s hard to get better than a Cal 34 for coastal cruising in comfort combined with sailing fun. Moonrise is easy to singlehand and is a fun boat to sail. Why are we selling her? It’s painful, to be sure. We love this boat. But she isn’t built for the job of crossing oceans, even though others have sailed Cal 34′s offshore. We are looking for the boat that will take us down the coast of South America and across the Pacific Ocean.
We actively sail Moonrise, so she is in sail-away condition. You can go to the islands in this boat right now. As long as she is in our care, we continue to sail her, upgrade her, maintain her, and, generally, love her. We’d like to hand her over to someone who will appreciate her fine qualities like we do.
Just the Facts
Here are some posts we wrote about the boat’s interior.
- A Tour of Moonrise Part 1
- A Tour of Moonrise Part 2
- A Tour of Moonrise Part 3
- A Tour of Moonrise Part 4
New: Bottom Painted June 2nd with two coats of Interlux ACT bottompaint!
The last bottom job lasted 2 and half years with this same paint. Check out our post on the Bottom Paint Project Here.
More Recent Projects:
- One Main in good condition
- 140% Genoa on Roller Furler Excellent condition
- 135% Genoa with hanks in good condition
- Alado Roller Furling unit. Oversized. New in 2008.
- 2 Barient 21 winches in cockpit
- 1 Barient 16 Mainsheet winch on Coach Roof
- 2 Barient 10 Halyard winches on Mast
- Mainsheet Halyard new in 2011
- Spinnaker Halyard new in 2008
- Genoa Halyard new in 2008 (part of Alado Furler installation)
- Main Sheet new in 2011
- Jib/Genoa Sheets new in 2008
- Traveler Sheet new in 2011
- Garmin GPS441S Chart Plotter. New in 2010
- AirMar Thru hull Speed Transducer. New in 2009
- AirMar Thru hull Depth Transducer. New in 2002
- Apelco 4500 VHF Fixed Mount Radio
- Chart Plotter is mounted at steering pedestal. Both Speed and Depth can be read at Chart Plotter
- Dual Marine Grade Stereo with cockpit and cabin speakers
- NewMar 2 bank, 15 amp Charger
- 2 Trojan SCS225 Group 27 130 Amp Hour House Batteries. New in May 2010
- 1 Group 24 Starting Battery
- Blue Seas Add-A-Battery Automatic Battery Combiner System. New in 2011
- 600 Watt True Sine Wave Inverter
- 30 Amp shore wiring with breakers.
- Alder Barber Cold Machine Refrigeration with small freezer in Galley
- Improved Lighting in salon and V berth
- Westerbeke 4-91 Diesel Engine
- New Exhaust Elbow and Hose in 2008
- Rebuilt Water Pump in 2010
- Rebuilt Fuel Injection Pump in 2011
- Rebuilt Starter in 2012
- New Fuel, Oil and Water Temperature gauges in 2011
- Digital Engine Hour and Job Meter in 2009
- Aluminum 18 gallon fuel tank. New in 2007
- Alder Barbour Cold Machine Refrigeration (yes, the freezer makes ice!)
- Pressurized water system to sinks with brand new (Oct 2012) faucet/sprayer combination
- Propane Stove and Oven installed and in use (not a marine installation)
- Terrific Dickinson Diesel Stove and Oven goes with boat and can be re-installed.
- Stainless Steel lifelines (Uncoated). New in 2010
- New Dodger in 2011
- Foam cushions new in 2010 (V berth) and 2011 (Salon)
- Memory foam mattress topper in V-berth
- PortVisor Rain Shields on Opening Ports. New in 2011
- Raw Water Strainer for Engine. New in 2011